Curriculum Design and Revision, Instructional Strategies, and More
It’s hard to find curriculum experts who understand the unique challenges and opportunities facing Social Studies teachers. Need help with your scope and sequence? Units need revising? Want to know more about best instructional practices in Social Studies? Curious about implementing technology? Let’s talk about how I can help. I bring more than 10 years experience in Social Studies education, curriculum design principles using UbD, and a passion for making sure that every teacher and every student is prepared to succeed! For more information, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I’ve presented at the Texas Council for the Social Studies annual conference, Texas Association for the Gifted and Talented annual conference, conferences at Region 7 on Core Curriculum, Gifted and Talented, etc. I am available to present to teachers, districts, and conferences. For more information, please contact me at email@example.com.
Some of the Professional Development I’ve Facilitated:
- “Diving In: A Curriculum Study”
- “Gearing Up and Getting Ahead for the New Year”
- “HEATing Up Social Studies: Process Student Expectations to Improve Social Studies Instruction”
- “Leveraging Data to Prepare for STAAR”
- “Past and Present: Elementary Social Studies and Web 2.0 Tools”
- “Playing with Words: Making Vocabulary Fun!”
- “Social Studies Formative Assessment Strategies”
- “Social Studies That Sticks!”
- Texas English Language Proficiency Standards for Social Studies
- “Thinking Primarily: Using Primary Sources to Promote Critical Thinking in the Social Studies Classroom”
- “This I Believe, Flipped” and “Prezis, Wikis, and Glogs, Oh My! Web 2.0 Tools for Teaching” GT Annual Conference
- World History Success Academy